McLaughlin & Lauricella | Sexual Abuse Trial Attorneys
New Jersey & Pennsylvania Molestation, Assault, and Child Sex Abuse Attorneys
The Pennsylvania and New Jersey law firm of McLaughlin & Lauricella, P.C. was founded by the Nationally Ranked and Pennsylvania Board Certified Attorneys‘ Slade H. McLaughlin and Paul A. Lauricella. Slade and Paul have over 75 years of cumulative experience and success in representing the families and victims of abuse by priests, clergy members, boy scout troop leaders, teachers, counselors, coaches, medical professionals, and nursing care providers.
A Legacy of Successful Legal Representation for Victims of Sexual Abuse
In litigation that drew media attention from around the world, Slade McLaughlin & Paul Lauricella Successfully Represented 12 of the 35 victims of Sexual Abuse in the Penn State/Jerry Sandusky Scandal
The individual settlement amounts remain confidential, but several clients were placed in the top monetary category of the claims against Penn State.
Slade McLaughlin and Paul Lauricella represent “Billy Doe” in civil litigation against the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Philadelphia for covering up and enabling child molesters to gain access to Catholic school students.
Slade McLaughlin and Paul Lauricella have personally represented clients who were sexually abused, molested, or raped by:
- Daycare providers.
- Priests, clergy, ministers, or religious leaders and volunteers.
- Nursing home staff or residents.
- Therapists, counselors, physicians, and other professionals.
Slade H. McLaughlin, Esquire
Mr. McLaughlin has been listed in each edition of “The Best Lawyers in America” since 2003, was honored as one of Pennsylvania’s “Super Lawyers” in Philadelphia Magazine’s “Super Lawyers 2004” supplement (top 100 in 2005 and 2006; top 10 in 2007; top 100 in 2008; top 10 in 2009; top 100 in 2010), is Board Certified as a Civil Trial Attorney by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, is a Diplomate of the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys (with special competence in medical professional liability), and has been admitted to membership by the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Paul A. Lauricella, Esquire
Paul Lauricella is regarded as one of Philadelphia’s finest personal injury attorneys. Out of law school in 1982, he worked as an assistant district attorney, where he tried and convicted violent criminals. Paul later worked as a partner with legendary trial attorney James E. Beasley, and secured million and multimillion dollar verdicts in malpractice actions involving a variety of medical specialties, including obstetrics/gynecology, emergency medicine, radiology, psychiatry, orthopedic surgery, urology, family practice, and even oral surgery.At a time when many lawyers brag about their “results” (usually a euphemism for “settlements” secured by attorneys who have never actually tried a case), Paul takes pride in the medical malpractice and personal injury cases he has personally tried to a jury verdict.
When You Need Justice
For many victims of childhood sexual abuse, receiving compensation isn’t all that is necessary in order for them to achieve closure. In order to fully heal from their abuse, and the trauma they have suffered, many victims choose to pursue Civil Actions against their abusers. By filing lawsuits, survivors of childhood abuse can not only obtain compensation for themselves but can help shine the spotlight of justice on the hidden abuses of the past and protect children in the future from suffering the same fate they endured. Survivors often find closure in knowing they have held their abusers accountable. If you have suffered childhood sexual abuse in New Jersey, you now have more time to choose the legal path that is best for you. Whether you choose to seek compensation through the Catholic Compensation Fund, or you wish to file a civil lawsuit against your abuser, we can assist you with either process to achieve your goals.
An Epidemic of Child Sex Abuse. In October 2018, the public watched as over 150 women came forward to share their accounts of the horrific child sexual abuse they endured under former USA Gymnastics team doctor, Larry Nassar. These accounts were difficult to hear and even harder to process. But the brave women who came forward shared their stories in an attempt to heal, to seek justice, and to shed light on the epidemic of child sex abuse. As a result, Larry Nassar was sentenced to up to 175 years in prison for sexually abusing more than 150 women and girls over his 25 years as a medical doctor.
Child Sex Abuse in Philadelphia and New Jersey is a Real Problem – These national stories may make headlines – and they should. However, child sex abuse occurs in every corner of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. From the rich and wealthy neighborhoods, to the rural farm lands, and inner cities and suburbs of both States.
Highlights in Law
- Penn State / Jerry Sandusky Settlement – McLaughlin & Lauricella represented 12 of the 33 victims of sexual Abuse in the Penn State / Jerry Sandusky scandal. The individual settlement amounts remain confidential, but several clients were placed in the top monetary category of the claims against Penn State.
- Slade McLaughlin and Paul Lauricella also represented “Billy Doe” in the civil litigation commenced against the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Philadelphia for covering up and enabling child molesters to gain access to Catholic school students.
- Slade McLaughlin – Slade has been listed in each edition of The Best Lawyers in America since 2003. Consistently honored as one of Pennsylvania’s “Super Lawyers” in Philadelphia Magazine’s “Super Lawyers” annual editions. A member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Slade McLaughlin – Slade has secured million and multimillion dollar verdicts in medical malpractice actions involving a wide variety of medical specialties, including obstetrics / gynecology, emergency medicine, radiology, psychiatry, orthopedic surgery, urology, family practice, oral surgery, sexual abuse / sexual molestation and hazing abuse cases.
- Paul Lauricella – Paul has secured million and multimillion dollar verdicts in medical malpractice actions involving a wide variety of medical specialties, including obstetrics / gynecology, emergency medicine, radiology, psychiatry, orthopedic surgery, urology, family practice, oral surgery, sexual abuse / sexual molestation and hazing abuse cases.
Nationally Acclaimed Attorneys Working to Obtain the Compensation You Deserve